(Rei Yoon on the LEFT)
I’ve been involved in Natural Farming since 2002. I had always thought farming could be a hub that could solve many problems of our society simultaneously. It can be a means to rehabilitate the environment, lift people out of poverty, and properly feed them with healthy food.
I quit my government job in 2012 to entirely commit to the pursuit of this goal. I was fortunate to have a group of people who wanted to do it together, and formed Sarm Society. I was blessed to meet like-minded friends along the way and formed a solid brother/sisterhood with some of them. I was gifted with a connection to the Philippines in particular. There, I formed a collaboration with a local Archdiocese together with my Hawaiian brother to really reach out to the marginalized communities. We would teach them how to fish, not just give them fish. Truly, knowledge is POWER.
As more people join, as we turn this into an unstoppable movement spanning across the borders, we will approach a knowledge for the people, by the people. Thus, we can:
Heal the Soil
Heal the People
Help the Poor
- Director, Soil and Soul Organic Movement Inc.
- Secretary, SARM Society of Organic Movement
- Certified instructor, Rainier Tai Chi
- Master’s degree in Environment Policy, Sogang University (2004)
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Seoul National University (1999)
- Marist College Canberra, Australia
- International operations, JADAM Organic Farming (2015-2018)
- Diplomat, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Korea (2006-2012)
- Consul, Korean Consulate-General in Sydney (2010-2012)
- International affairs, Korean Natural Farming Institute (2002-2004)
- Ministry of National Defense & ROK Air Force (1999-2002)
- Visiting professor, National College of Science and Technology (NCST), Philippine (2018)
- Foreign Minister’s Award, Korea (2010)
- Defense Minister’s Award, Korea (2002)